Lansing Christian School offers a preschool program for 3 and 4-year-old students with an additional opportunity of weekly enrichment sessions for 4-year-old students. Students are taught in a play-based learning environment where children work towards kindergarten readiness while developing important social skills and hearing about God’s world and His place in their lives. We desire to present Jesus Christ, God’s living revelation, in a loving, positive way encouraging each child to love Him and be prepared to accept Him as Savior and Lord. In our faith-based learning environment, students understand their worth as a child of God and are encouraged to grow in social relationships, academic readiness and creative potential. We look forward to working with you and your child during these important years of your child’s education.
PreK- 3 Program
The PreK-3 program runs twice a week on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. This program introduces 3-year-old students to the joy and excitement of learning in the school setting as students explore, create, and discover through classroom activities and peer interactions. This class is for children who are potty-trained and will be 3-years-old by September 1.
The PreK-4 program is offered three days a week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings or afternoons. This program further encourages students to dig into learning by exploring letters, numbers, colors, shapes, and other developmentally appropriate kindergarten readiness skills. This class is for children who are potty-trained and will be 4-years-old by September 1.
PreK-4 Enrichment Session
Children who participate in the PreK-4 program may also register for the Enrichment Session offered on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. In this setting students engage in learning activities with a STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) focus. Engaging in hands-on, student-centered activities provides students with an opportunity to dig deeper into the world God created.
Requirements for Entry
- Fill out Request Admissions Info below
- Child needs to be completely “potty trained”
- 3 years old by September 1 to enter Preschool 3
- 4 years old by September 1 to enter preschool 4
- Play activities to develop social skills and allow interaction with other children
- Stories, plays and music that help develop attention span
- Art activities which help to develop creativity
- Bible stories, puppet stories, and verses to promote personal spiritual growth
- Self-concept development through involvement in circle activities, and personal expression during discussion
- Large motor skill development through running and jumping activities
- Development of small motor skills by cutting, pasting, painting, drawing, coloring, and use of media table
- Balance activities using balls, balance beam, and beanbags
- Math readiness by counting, sequencing, one-to-one matching, and patterning
- Reading readiness through memorization of poems and finger plays, book appreciation, left to right activities, likenesses and differences, and rhyming
- Personal hygiene and general good health
Preschool 3 year old
Parents may drop off students at the classroom between 8:00–8:10am.
|8:00 – 8:30am||Arrival/Table Time/Free Choice|
|8:30 – 8:50am||Circle Time (attendance, calendar, daily helper, alphabet letters and theme related activities)|
|8:50 – 9:50am||Center Time (language, math, fine motor, art, blocks)|
|9:50 – 10:15am||Outside/Gym|
|10:15 – 10:30am||Snack|
|10:30 – 10:45am||Bible Time (lesson, verse, songs)|
|10:45 – 11:00am||Circle Time(music, learning games, stories)|
Preschool 4 year old
Parents may drop off students at the curb between 8:00-8:10am for the morning session and 12:00-12:10pm for the afternoon session. Your child will be met and escorted into the classroom by the preschool aide.
Daily Schedule - Morning Class
|8:00 – 8:10am||Arrival|
|8:00 – 8:30am||Free Centers|
|8:30 – 8:45am||Circle Time (attendance, calendar, daily helper, instructional activities)|
|8:45 – 9:45am||Centers (writing, books, blocks, manipulatives, dramatic play, science, math)|
|9:45 – 10:00am||Clean-up|
|10:00 – 10:15am||Snack|
|10:15 – 10:30am||Bible|
|10:30 – 10:50am||Outside Play/Gym/Circle Time|
|10:50 – 11:00am||Wrap-up/ Get Ready for Dismissal|
Daily Schedule - Afternoon Class
|12:30-12:45pm||Circle Time (attendance, calendar, daily helper, instructional activities)|
|12:45-1:45pm||Centers (writing, books, blocks, manipulatives, dramatic play, science, math)|
|2:30-2:50pm||Outside Play/Gym/Circle Time|
|2:50-3:00pm||Wrap-up/ Get Ready for Dismissal|
- Class Parties: Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Easter
- Christmas Pageant
- Parent Teacher Conferences
- Razzle Dazzle (child’s special day)
- Visit from Fireman with Fire truck
- Trip to Preuss Pets
- Trip to Woldumar Nature Center
- Trip to The Country Mill
- Year End Graduation Picnic
- Parent assists in the classroom 10 hours during the school year
- Parent chaperones some field trips
- Parent provides healthy snacks monthly
- Parent understands the program is a 9 month school year commitment
Follow this link to see a copy of the Preschool Handbook
To Schedule a Tour of the LCS Preschool
You can contact Patti Jacobson, Admissions Director by email or call 517-882-5779, ext. 107.
To Apply to the LCS Preschool
Go to the Applying to LCS page under the Admissions tab, download the forms and submit them to the Main Office.