BUILDING USE PROCEDURES
BUILDING AND GROUNDS USE – GENERAL
- Master Schedule for all building and/or grounds rentals, meetings, and extra-curricular activities is maintained by Lansing Christian School.
- Laurie Iversen, firstname.lastname@example.org, coordinates the use of all rentals of the facilities and grounds and grants initial approval and scheduling.
- Stocking feet and tennis shoes are the only footwear permitted directly on the wood floor surface.
- No activities or use of LCS facilities or grounds is permitted on Sunday. The only exception is the Sunday rental of facilities for religious services, programs or church activities.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS USE – SCHOOL RELATED
If your class, group, club, team, committee, etc. needs to use the building for a special purpose, a Facility Use Request Form must be completed and submitted to the Main Office as much in advance of the event as possible. Once administrative approval has been given, the form will be passed to Laurie Iversen. This form along with a follow up e-mail to Laurie Iversen is imperative in order to have space for your event reserved and scheduled on the master calendar. This form will also provide an opportunity to request any special equipment or set up that is needed for your event as well as to determine if the building is available for use at that particular time.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS USE – SPORTS RELATED
If your sports team is interested in using one of the gyms or sports fields for a sporting event, practices or games, please contact Athletic Director Bonnie Binioris at email@example.com. Your request should be made in writing (preferably e-mail). If the sport is a Lansing Christian School 7th through 12th grade school sponsored sport, the game times will automatically be reserved but practice times will need to be scheduled with the Athletic Department. If the sports team is a team that includes a majority of LCS students there will not be a charge for the building or ground use unless a custodian is deemed necessary. Practices and games will need to be scheduled in advance with the Athletic Department. Preference in scheduling will be given to the LCS sponsored sports, starting with varsity, then junior varsity, than freshmen, then middle school, then elementary.
School related – after meeting with Laurie Iversen unresolved scheduling conflicts may be referred to the Director of Business and Finance, Mary Dunsmore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS USE NON SCHOOL GROUP RENTALS
Contact Laurie Iversen email@example.com.
- A qualified custodian or staff person must be on hand at all times when the facilities are being rented by any group.
- The use of the building on Saturday nights is discouraged because we do not want to hire people to work on Sunday and the building will need to be cleaned before Monday classes.
- Facilities may not be rented for commercial activities unless the activity directly benefits or supports program(s) of LCS.
- A Facilities Rental Agreement that includes the Facilities Use Form, needs to be completed and signed by the organization.