2020-2021 SAFE, IN-PERSON, ON CAMPUS INSTRUCTION EVERY DAY
As a private, Christian school in Greater Lansing, we are committed to mitigating and preventing the spread of COVID-19 and we are committed to maintaining a “low risk” learning environment at LCS. We are also committed to meeting or exceeding the state’s requirements in the Michigan Safe Schools Road Map.
Lansing Christian School is committed to operating with a posture of care in how we serve students and families and in how we work with the entire LCS community. We are committed to building a community culture that supports shared reliance on the practices that will enable us to limit the spread of COVID-19 and remain open for in-person learning. We are committed to communicating with clarity as the circumstances and status of the pandemic evolve and change.
Thinking about working towards a new normal can be helpful as we establish new ways of operating in the pandemic environment. Planning for a new normal implies teaching, guidance, leading by example, and a togetherness, which is helpful for students and for cultivating an optimal learning environment that reflects our core values. This effort will require an “all-in” commitment for our entire school community.
INVESTING IN OUR SCHOOL
- The school has made substantial investments in the facility and staffing to provide safe in-person learning and to provide effective and high quality remote learning, if necessary.
- We have purchased new furniture to support learning spaces to allow for social distancing and less students per classroom, as well as additional laptops and lighting improvements.
- We have purchased disinfecting equipment and supplies to keep our building clean and safe for students and employees at new levels.
- We are hiring additional support staff for our learning environment.
- LCS will work with families that, due to financial circumstances directly related to COVID-19, require tuition assistance for the academic year or for the 2020-2021 school year.
July 29, REOPENING VIDEOS | August 4, WEBINAR
A series of reopening videos will be released to the LCS community on Wednesday, July 29 for the purpose of communicating plans and progress in reopening the school safely for the 2020-21 school year. We’ve made the decision to move the LCS webinar to Tuesday, August 4 to give families time to view the videos prior to the webinar.