School-Wide Learner Goals
The LCS community pursues academic excellence. As learners, we are equipped with:
Proficiency in foundational knowledge
LCS students demonstrate proficiency in the established curriculum across subject areas, which requires them to apply and connect ideas to make sense of complex concepts and problems from multiple perspectives.
Essential habits of learning
LCS students consistently practice:
- Curiosity – asking questions and approaching God’s world with wonder
- Problem solving – finding solutions through creative and critical thinking
- Innovative design – using what we learn to meet real needs in our community
- Persistence – meeting challenges with a focus on resilience and growth
- Purposeful collaboration – learning and working together toward shared goals in and out of the classroom
- Effective communication – developing strong listening skills and the ability to communicate ideas orally and in writing.
empathy toward others
LCS students seek to deeply understand the experiences, perspectives, and needs of others.
Recognition of our role in God’s story
With the support of teachers and families, LCS students develop their God-given gifts and abilities and grow in areas of improvement as they live and learn in Christian Community.
Habits of Learning (for elementary students)
- We are curious
- We are problem solvers
- We use our learning to meet the needs of others
- We keep trying
- We listen and speak graciously
- We learn better together