Thank you for considering LCS. At Lansing Christian School, students don’t merely “fit in,” they belong. Their unique identity in Christ is what makes them special and it is a priority at LCS for each student to feel a sense of belonging in our learning community.
Applying to LCS is a process and we are here to help you through it.
Start today and take one step at a time.
This checklist will assist you in the application process for Lansing Christian School. If at any time you have questions, please contact our admission office at 517.882.5779 ext. #107 or email us at email@example.com.
Step One – Application
As part of the online application, the following documents will need to be submitted:
- Student Questionnaire (6th -12th grade applicants)
- Request for Records (Kindergarten-12th grade applicants)
- Pastor’s Recommendation (one per family)
- Teacher’s Recommendation (one for each applicant who has attended school)
- 1st-5th Grade Recommendation
- 6th-12th Grade Recommendation
- Copy of the most recent report card and most recent standardized test scores (for High School student a transcript needs to be submitted)
- $75 application fee per new student paid online with credit card
Step Two – Educational Consultation
After all of the above materials are received, the school will contact you to arrange an educational consultation with the Head of School and Principal. The consultation will be conducted in person with the student and at least one parent attending. For those applying to Preschool, the child need not attend.
Step Three – Enrollment
After acceptance, the following will then be required to complete the enrollment process.
- Complete online Enrollment Contract
- Copy of Student Birth Certificate
- Physical Examination Form (PK thru Kindergarten and if not attended school before)
- Variable Tuition Application (if participating)
Enrollment is complete once the Enrollment Contract and $100 enrollment fee has been submitted.
Lansing Christian School has experienced growing enrollment with large numbers of applicants each year. We value our small class sizes and low student/teacher ratio. We may establish a wait pool once a grade level is considered full based on the school’s enrollment goals. This means that an applicant may be offered admission based upon future availability.
Applicants may contact the admission office for updates as to their wait pool status at any time.
- Although offered admission, pool applicants do not receive an enrollment agreement.
- Applicants may remain in the pool: up to a full academic year; until a seat is made available; or until they request to be removed.
- In the event a seat remains unavailable, applicants who have applied for enrollment within the past 12 months may renew their application for the subsequent school year with no additional application fee.
Lansing Christian School has developed the following process for any family pursuing enrollment in a grade level currently at enrollment capacity:
- Entire application process must be completed including:
- All application forms, recommendation forms, and all necessary transcript information
- An educational consultation with acceptance
- Upon acceptance, families will be notified that they have been accepted, but cannot be enrolled until space becomes available for their child/ren
Once space is available the enrollment process is as follows:
- Lansing Christian School will notify families in the wait pool that they have been selected.
- Upon selection, accepted families have one week to complete their enrollment contract and pay their non-refundable tuition deposit to guarantee their spot.
- Families in the wait pool fall under the same non-discrimination policies as all families in our school. This policy states, “Lansing Christian School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.”
Lansing Christian School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs. Click here for our Admissions Policy.