YOU BELONG AT LCS. Elementary school is a formative time in a child’s life. During these years, spiritual and educational foundations will be put into place. It is a season when students discover how to view themselves, God, and others. We believe that the most important thing a child could ever learn at this age is his or her identity and worth in Christ. This provides a sense of dignity from a young age and fosters self-respect, as well as respect for others.
YOU ARE BEING EQUIPPED. Academic excellence is pursued at all grade levels by developing the life-long skills of critical thinking, problem solving, creativity, thinking for innovation, empathy, and resilience. When students are in a safe and supportive learning community, formational learning can happen, but a safe learning environment is about more than just physical safety. Download the e-book below to gain an in-depth understanding of how you can safeguard and empower your child, not only in your home, but also in partnership with Lansing Christian School.
YOU HAVE A PLACE IN GOD’S STORY. LCS partners with parents to provide a caring education that spiritually and academically invites, nurtures, and empowers students to live out their unique role in God’s story. This goes beyond comprehending concepts and facts. It shapes students into young men and women who are ready to engage and transform the world for Jesus Christ.
Our elementary students:
- Engage in daily devotions and Bible lessons.
- Benefit from project-based learning experiences.
- Develop STEM skills, with an emphasis on problem solving.
- Work to meet or exceed academic milestones in all subject areas.
- Learn to begin communicating in Spanish.
- Build coding skills through creative exploration.
- Memorize foundational scriptures.
- Enjoy excellent creative arts programs, including visual art and music.
- Participate in age-appropriate Service Learning projects.
- Play a variety of sports in gym classes, after school clubs, and Pilgrim Play.
- Attend weekly worship sessions.
- And much, much more!
“LCS is different from any other school that I have visited.
Everyone who comes here comments about how they can feel the calming
effect of God’s presence and peace just by walking into the building.”
– CANDYCE, parent of elementary students