Notification of an illness, doctor’s appointment, or emergency situation whereby a student must be absent from classes must be done by the student’s parents. Students may not excuse their own absences.
- Except in the case of a pre-arranged absence, if a call is not made on the day of the student’s absence, it will be considered unexcused and the student will receive discipline in keeping with the Disciplinary Action Chart at the end of this handbook. Calls to excuse absences may be made day or night to the attendance telephone, (517) 882-5779, however, it is requested that parents call by 8:30 a.m. on the morning of such an absence.
- If a student needs to leave for an appointment during the school day, the student must bring in a note for the MS/HS office from the parent stating the time of early dismissal
PRE-ARRANGED ABSENCE FORMS
If a student is going to be absent for 2 or more days, a pre-arranged absence form must be filled out and submitted to the office prior to the expected absences.
- Make-up time for work missed during this absence will be one day for each day absent. It is the student’s responsibility to ask the teacher for assignments/instructions.
- Students are responsible for all missed work during the pre-arranged absence and are encouraged to access homework website during the extended absence from school.
- For early athletic dismissals, students are responsible to check in with the teacher regarding any missed work.